The following guarantee forms part of the sales contract for every DragonRam pet puppy. The purchaser's responsibilities related to the guarantee and puppy care are also outlined in the contract and reproduced below.
A. Breederís Warranty
1. The Breeder guarantees this puppy to be free of the following genetic defects/illnesses:
- hip and elbow dysplasia, as diagnosed by OFA or OVC;
- cataracts or Progressive Retinal Atrophy, as diagnosed by a veterinary ophthalmologist; and
- Exercise Induced Collapse, Degenerative Myelopahty, or vonWillebrandís Disease, as diagnosed by a certified veterinarian.
2. If one of these or another debilitating congenital defect/illness is found prior to the puppy attaining 24 months of age, Breeder will compensate the Purchaser by:
- providing assistance with payment of veterinary bills to a maximum of the original purchase price; or
- offering a replacement puppy from the next available litter of our choice. You, as the new owner, are responsible for any pick-up or shipping costs. You do not need to return this puppy to us.
3. The above-noted reimbursement or new puppy offer is valid only if the following measures are taken:
- you send us a report of all diagnoses from your veterinarian;
- you obtain a second opinion from a veterinarian of our choice, at our expense; and
- you send to us all records, x-rays, conclusions, and veterinary certificates within three weeks of the initial diagnosis.
4. In addition, the hip and elbow dysplasia guarantee is null and void under any of the following circumstances
- your puppy is overweight, or is found to have been overweight at any time;
- your puppy has been involved in a serious fall, been hit by a car, or been physically injured.
5. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites unless surgical correction is required, hypoglycaemia, Giardia or Coccidia. It does not include any illnesses due to physical injury or to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, or chemicals.
6. If the puppy is euthanized, or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from a veterinarian of Breederís choice, Purchaser waives all rights to a replacement puppy or any financial compensation.
7. This warranty is null and void if the Purchaser does not take the puppy to a veterinarian within three (3) business days of purchase, as noted in section B.1, AND send to us a certificate of health signed by the examining veterinarian within ten (10) business days of the visit.
B. Purchaserís responsibilities
1. Purchaser agrees to take the puppy to a certified veterinarian within three (3) business days of taking possession of the puppy, at Purchaserís expense, and to provide Breeder with a signed certificate of health from the examining veterinarian within ten (10) business days of the visit.
- If at this initial veterinary consultation the puppy is found to have a serious illness or debilitating congenital defect, the Purchaser has two options.
- - If the Purchaser wishes to treat the condition and seek reimbursement, Purchaser must inform DragonRam Doodles in advance of pursuing treatment. DragonRam Doodles will not provide reimbursement of any medical expenses that we have not pre-approved. For serious illnesses or debilitating congenital defects as noted in sections A.1 and A.2, reimbursement of treatment expenses will be up to the original purchase price.
-If the Purchaser chooses not to treat the condition, Purchaser may return the puppy to DragonRam Doodles for a full refund of the purchase price or in exchange for another puppy from the same or a different litter (at the Purchaserís choice, subject to availability).
- Purchaser acknowledges that stress-related issues, including worms and diarrhea, are common with a new puppy and will not be cause for a reimbursement of any treatment costs. Likewise, the conditions listed in section A.5 are excluded from reimbursement.
- As the breeder, DragonRam Doodles reserves the right to have a second opinion at the Breederís expense prior to reimbursement of any medical expenses.
2. Purchaser will take the puppy to a certified veterinarian for a first set of booster vaccinations (DAP) no later than age 13 weeks (15 September 2016) and a final set of booster vaccination (DAP) and a rabies shot no later than age four months (by 16 October 2016). (Your veterinarian will discuss other vaccinations and treatments with you, in particular vaccinations against Leptospirosis, Bordetella, and Lyme disease, and preventive flea/tick and heartworm treatments.)
3. Purchaser will not take the puppy to busy public places, or allow it to socialize with unvaccinated dogs, until after the final DAP booster and rabies shots.
4. Purchaser will feed the puppy/dog a premium quality food. Breeder recommends that the puppy continue to be fed Acana Puppy & Juniorr for at least one month before switching to any other brand.
5. Purchaser agrees:
- to maintain my puppy/dog at a proper weight;
- to house my puppy indoors;
- not to allow my puppy to engage in strenuous, repetitive exercise, or to go up and down stairs repeatedly, during the first year of life;
- to make and keep annual veterinary appointments, keep all vaccinations current, and properly administer heartworm and tick medication; and
o to take care of this puppy to the best of my ability.
6. if Purchaser cannot provide proper care and a stable home for my puppy, I agree to contact Breeder for assistance in finding a new home or to return the puppy to Breeder for re-homing. If I sell, give, or in any way re-home this puppy without the prior authorization of Breeder, I understand and agree that this contract, and any guarantees contained herein, is null and void and I agree to return to the Breeder the full amount of any medical costs Breeder reimbursed to me.
No warranties, express or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.